Have you ever wondered how to change the default address book in Outlook when you are using Exchange. If you have ever sent an email and tried to find your contacts using the To: button you know that by default the Exchange Global Address Book is the first source of contacts. What a pain.
I always find it difficult to locate where to change the default so I thought I would post it in case you are looking. I know I will come back to this post because even after having found it, I still can’t remember how to do it. It is just one of those things that has never been intuitive.
From now on when you click the To: button your default address list will be the outlook contacts folder. If you don’t remember how to do it in the future, remember you found it here. I know I will be back to this post the next time I have to do this
The mailserver has blown up, you get the server back online but the mailsotre won’t boot. First of all you try all of the Microsoft eseutil fixes but, still no joy. None of the mailstores will come back online. The disater recovery procedure highlighted in this blog gives a step-by-step guide to restoreing your mailstores, for each user, from the users local cached exchange store.
1. Local the user in Active Directory and delete their current mailbox (You’ve lost the mail store anyway.)
2. Create a new mailbox for the same user account. Create this on DUBBUR-MB01 – KPS Default Store (KPS Specific)
-Same process as above, but choose create mailbox
3. Go to the users machine and open outlook with their old profile. Archive this profile to a local PST. Take a opy of this PST to an external HDD for safe storage.
4. Create a new profile called Dubai Hosted and set this as default. On Exchange 2010 DUBBUR-MB03
b. Select “User Mailbox” and “Next”
c. Select “Exisiting User” and “Next”
d. Find the user in AD
E. Specifiy rather than Auto. Just choose sales for now.
5. Open outlook with this new profile and mount the PST file.
For outlook use these settings.
You will have to reconfigure each users blackberry.