I haven’t blogged for a while. It’s been a bit hectic at this end. I’m no longer working as a sysadmin. I’m now working as a project manager for UC and SCCM solutions.
Anyway, just moved house and am in the process of configuring SabNZDB and NZBDrone. Rather that having to remember the ports for all of these different services e.g. http://domainname.com:8989 I’d like to just remember a short name for each service e.g http://domainname.com/sab or http://domainname.com/drone
Right, lets get started:
1. Setup SAB and Drone as you usually would but rather than opening up ports 8080 and 8989 (Default SAB and Drone ports ) only open up port 80 to the server.
2. Download and install XAMPP. I’m running this on a little Windows 7 box. Here is the link: https://www.apachefriends.org/download_success.html
3. Once its installed and is up and running stop the Apache service from the application tool.
4. Once you’ve done this go to the config location for Apache (Default is: C:\xampp\apache\conf) now find the httpd.conf file and open it with notepad.
5. Ive added these two sections at the bottom of the file:
6. Once you’ve done this and save the files you should be able to get to Sab and Drone from outside your firewall.
One additional note with NZBDrone
You may see just NZBDrone Ver. If you do, do this:
- Go to Settings -> General
- Set URL Base to desired path
- Save settings
- Restart (Restart as administrator on Windows)
- Donate ❤
Let me know if you need further details