The mailserver has blown up, you get the server back online but the mailsotre won’t boot. First of all you try all of the Microsoft eseutil fixes but, still no joy. None of the mailstores will come back online. The disater recovery procedure highlighted in this blog gives a step-by-step guide to restoreing your mailstores, for each user, from the users local cached exchange store.
1. Local the user in Active Directory and delete their current mailbox (You’ve lost the mail store anyway.)
2. Create a new mailbox for the same user account. Create this on DUBBUR-MB01 – KPS Default Store (KPS Specific)
-Same process as above, but choose create mailbox
3. Go to the users machine and open outlook with their old profile. Archive this profile to a local PST. Take a opy of this PST to an external HDD for safe storage.
4. Create a new profile called Dubai Hosted and set this as default.
5. Open outlook with this new profile and mount the PST file.
After speaking with Raja, he seems to be getting emails on his iPhone but not his Blackberry. You will have to reconfigure each users blackberry.
We have been facing this error with users in Riyadh since the Jeddah mail server blow up.
Also, I have been having MAPI error messages when i have been trying to move mailboxes. (I will test this tonight and update).
It turns out that no “Offline Address List” was set up for the Riyadh server. I have now set this to Global Address List. It has tested ok:-
1. Open Exchange System Manager
2. Servername»First Storage Group»Mailbox Store»Properties
3. On the General Tab —Offline Address List
4. Click On Browse»Type in “Default Offline Address List”
5. Clcik on “Check Names” it will resolve to the Default Offline Address List
6. Click OK
The Doha exchange server was giving users this message this morning:-
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Sent: 1/29/2012 10:20 AM
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
firstname.lastname@example.org on 1/29/2012 10:22 AM
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<qatdoh-mb01.kinnad.ae #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
After looking in:-
System Manager -> Administrative Groups -> Servers -> DUBBUR-MB02 (Main External Routing Gateway for Exchange) -> Protocols -> SMTP – > Right Click “Default SMTP Virtual Server -> Properties -> Access -> Relay
I could see that 192.168.100.21 was enabled to relay through DUBBUR-MB02.
On further investigation, i could see that QATDOH-MB01 had 2 nics enabled. One was 192.168.100.21 and the other was dynamic 192.168.210.127.
I disabled this nic and the relay started working again.
Thank you and good night!