Enable Blackberry BES account on Exchange 2010

So, might have just taken down my Sys Admin blackberry down for a weekend.

Before i move my Sys admin to our new Exchange 2010 solution i did testing with a dummy account. I had a blackberry up and running. We then moved the PFYs account but couldn’t get the Blackberry working.

 

After further testing i realized that i had changed one thing since setting up the dummy account. I had created a new DB. It looks like you have set the permissions for the BES account on each DB in 2010.

 

Here is the powershell line i had to run:-

 

Get-MailboxDatabase | Add-ADPermission -User “BESAdmin” -AccessRights ExtendedRight –ExtendedRights Receive-As, ms-Exch-Store-Admin

 

Advertisements

Adding a Diskshelf14mk2 to my Netapp FAS2050 SAN. Assigning disks, iSCSI shares for windows and NFS Shares for VMWare. All with the smallest amount of CLI.

First of all, my NetApp FAS2050 SAN is brilliant. It built like a tank and hasn’t let me down. We purchased it a few years ago, when 1TB seemed like all we would ever need.  Now 1TB is nowhere near enough storage. This is why we purchased an additional shelf with 14TB (pre RAID). We went for the DiskShelf14mk2 and we thought we would do the implmentation in house to reduce costs….How hard can it be?

So, the NetApps documentation is CRAP!

1. First of all you have to set the shelf ID. By default, the main Netapps FAS2050 header unit has an ID of 0. Every shelf you add should increment by 1. To do this there is a switch on the back of the shelf:-

After reading around on the web, I think they come out of the factory set to one.

2. Plugging it in you think would be the easiest think in the world. Here’s a clue NetApp PROVIDE SOME DOCUMENTATION! Trying to figure this out from what you give me is like trying to do The Times crossword. I had to search the internet for 2 hours for this BASIC information. Here is a photo of how it goes in (no redundency at present).

To recap, thats:-

Top SAN Header  0a —- top Shelf 0b

Bottom SAN Header 0a —- bottom Shelf 0b

2. Ok, now, when I logged into the SAN onTap software I could see the 16 disks, all listed as unowned. No problem, I’ll just look in the NetApp….Oh no, wait… Did I mention the documentation is as useful as a chocolate teapot?

After a further 2 hours searching the web I found this. I had to do a little of CLI here:-

Login with putty or another SSH client:-

SHow the disks that are not owned. Yes, they do change the terminology in the CLI….Just to confuse everyone. Nice work! No really!

FAS2050A> disk show -n
DISK       OWNER                  POOL   SERIAL NUMBER
———— ————-          —–  ————-
0c.00.16     Not Owned              NONE   3SL0N4JZ00009044DC1R

Now you can assign each of the not owned disks to a controller.

disk assign 0c.00.16 -o FAS2050A

I did this one by one for all 16

At this point I can go back to the the web interface.

Building a Volume

Pretty easy. Just goto Volume – Add and follow the wizard. Assign the new disks to the volume

Building a QTree

Again, very easy. Just folow the wizard

Adding an Aggregate

Again, very easy. Just folow the wizard

Adding a LUN

Again, very easy. Just folow the wizard. For iSCSI Windows interfaces

NFS

Again, very easy. Just folow the wizard. For VMWare environments.

Restoring SQL 2008 server database backup

Have you ever moved offices, come to switch your VM SQL server on and found that the SQL server image doesn’t even exist? I have. Lucky that I took a backup hey?

 

Here is how to restore an SQL server backup:-

 

1. Log on to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio with an account that has the right permissions.

2. Go to “Databases”, right click “New Database”

3. Name the DB the same as it was before. This should be in the name of the backup

4. Navigate to the DB, right click – tasks – restore – Database.

5. Choose “From Device” and navigate to the location of the backup.

6. In the “Select the backup sets to restore” section tick the box under “Restore”.

7. Go to “Options” and tick the box that says “Overwrite the existing database (WITH REPLACE)”

8. Click OK

 

 

 

Outlook continually asking for username and password

My sysadmin has been bugging me about this for months. Two or three users have been bitching about Outlook (2007 with an Exchange 2003 backend) asking for the username and password over and over again.

My sysadmin is now on leave and the MD is having the issue. Time to start looking into it. After a couple of hours searching on the web, I came across this article.

Go to – Control Panel – User accounts – Advanced – Manage Passwords

In here i could see my sysadmin’s accounts credentials against the mail server in questions from a couple of months ago. I clicked “Remove from Vault”. Issue fixed.

Should stop my Sysadmin bitching for now.

Create a Sales Break down reports from Sage CRM

First go to “Reports” -> “Sales Reports”

Then got to “Territory Sales Report”

The Select your Territory and “Include Sub Territory”. Select “Won”  under “Opportunity Status”.  Select “Screen” for the Display options and press “Go”:-

Currently you can not export to Excel. I am told that this will be fixed in the next Sage CRM version, due at the end of April 2012.

Once you report displays on screen copy and paste this into Excel and add your formulas.